Sunday, May 10, 2009
Leaving the Mainland
It has been a grueling three weeks on the mainland. I spent a weekend with Jerry's parents. That was a nice time to share our grief and our love for each other. I was at Lake Tahoe for five days with Mike and Jean (eldest brother), nieces Kim and Amy, Chet and Atlas (Amy's boyfriend and son), Leslie and Bruce. Kim drove me up to Alturas to pick up Jerry's remains. That was a whirlwind drive up and back in one day. Then I was in Utah for three days to bury Jerry's remains and have a memorial service for him. I then flew to Sacramento where I was able to help Leslie prepare for surgery for a day. She had her surgery to remove a kidney and other bad things. Then it was most of two weeks recuperating and dealing with a pinched nerve in her back. Today I am flying back to Hawaii. It is hard to leave with Leslie still needing major assistance and support. I'll post photos of my trip up on my blog in the next day or two. for now -- I'm preparing to get back to reality. Please continue to pray for me and my sister. We need your good thoughts and prayers more than ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sometimes keeping busy is the best medicine. It has been a trying time for you and your family. I'm so grateful you have a large support system to help you through the rough spots. We continue to pray for you and think about you often.
ReplyDeleteLove, Kathy