- Arrived 2/27.
- Living in park housing temporarily.
- Job is fun.
- People are wonderful!
- I am colder here at 60 degrees than I was in Alturas at 20 degrees. I came expecting Hawaii beach weather. I did not bring warm clothing. So the 95% humidity and gale force winds are freezing me out.
- Had an attack of gout on day three of my job. Fortunately the wonderful people rounded up a pair of crutches and a government vehicle for me. Went to doctor under new insurance that I had set up only two days before. I was already in their system and the doctor was kind and called back on Saturday with my blood work results. Pain was mainly gone by Sunday.
- Breeze (dog) is here on the island in quarantine. I hope to visit her this weekend.
- Cats are staying at my sister's in Sacramento area until their quarantine date is over, then they will come and be released directly to me. That will be in April or May.
- Car will arrive on the island on 3/13. I'm pretty much grounded until then.
- House in Alturas is being shown. One family has looked at it twice. Please pray for that to sell quickly. When it goes into escrow, I'll start looking for a house to buy here.
- A gal from church has befriended me and took me to church and will take me to the beach tomorrow after work. (It is warm down there at sea level.)
- I have photos to load onto my blog and that should happen this week.
- Love you all! Thanks for following my blog.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Just the facts, Ma'am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We have been praying that your home will sell fast! That and for the Supreme Court of CA to not overturn Prop. 8.
ReplyDeleteThanks Melanie! It worked. The house is in escrow.
ReplyDeleteLaura!! I wondered where you went (I was acting PAO on the Klamath for a while--am back being a NEPA Planner on the Salmon-Scott District now). I had hip replacement December and got back to work full time last pay period. Glad I was looking through my old email and found your blog! Congrats on the big move and hope you enjoy your life in Hawaii!!
ReplyDelete--Connie Hendryx