These are the three men who packed up my house for the move. They carefully figured out how to remove the records from the Juke Box so they could be packed safely. I said to the, 'You must get to see all kinds of interesting things when you move people." They said, 'Yeah, but this the neatest ever!" They had so much fun working together to ensure that everything would be stabile to move safely. They packed all the manuals and records into two boxes and labled them so I'll be able to find them. They were like three kids in a candy store getting it all ready, knowing it is a treasure that needs to be preserved. Then they all gave me advice on what to do when I got it to Hawai'i, how it needs to be cleaned and oiled and how to put the records back in. It was the most fun I've every had on packing day!
For those who've never seen this Juke Box, it is a 1947 Seeburg. It was restored by Jerry's dad. It is a fabulous heirloom. I am honored to be it's keeper for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment