


Here are the three ski hats I knit over Christmas. They are worn by their owners, Kimberly, Sara and Emma. Aunt Helen figured out this pattern for me when I worked at Alta Ski Resort the winter of 1984-85. This hat was popular among the ski patrollers and lift employees. I was told by my boss, Connie Marshall, that I could make a lot of money if I could knit that hat. So Helen easily figured out the pattern and talked me through knitting the first one over a weekend. Then we each knit a gazillion of them. Helen knit them for her family and I knit and sold them at Alta and Snowbird Ski resorts. I've knit them for family and friends and still get requests for them, so I keep knitting them. No two are identical. Each is toasty warm even in sub-zero weather. I suppose I could write down the pattern some day.
That's how to use up all of your yarn! You could knit them and sell them on Etsy. I still have the purple one you made for me as a little girl and Audrey wears it now!
ReplyDelete